Monday, March 8, 2010

Blog 8

I'm not sure if the absence of information on the big daddy band website is intentional or not. When you choose to receive emails from the group it tells you that "You're on the list". Maybe it is to inspire some type of V.I.P. feel to it. I highly doubt this though. I was hoping by going to their site I would find something more on their relationship and history with one another, as well as their individual musical background. Most of this insight, if it can be found, seems to be solely coming from the short synapses fans have to offer on general review sites for the city of Dallas. For all I know they could be busier than their schedule lets on or they don't care to look at emails. I wanted a few words with someone with the group. I volunteered to work around any conflicts even travel to meet their needs. Not one email came back to me...not one. Another problem I faced when trying to study this music culture was the venues they seemed to stick to. They tend to perform at adult venues and private parties only. The only reason I was able to see them was to call the manager of the Pub ahead of time..and even with that I only got 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment