Monday, February 8, 2010

Extra Credit Blog

I found it really interesting to see how the Chinese group was not much different from us. It was nice to see them open up as the conversations grew. This class is showing me the function of music in different cultures. The way the young man and the young woman smiled while they sang struck me as nothing short of passion for music. Also, I don't think I have ever run into someone foreign who wanted to know more about jazz. The typical interests expressed by people of different backgrounds that I have met here and in other various place usually leans toward more of our wilder music styles....like emo and screamo. At first I'm sure I wasn't the only one who felt kind of embarrassed because of our lack of understanding of our own music culture. But as the time progressed I found that a lack of understanding does not mean we didn't pay enough attention it’s because it is void all students work to fill. I also found it astounding that a member of our crew had something to say about everything said, whether it was justified or not. Thank you…..

No comments:

Post a Comment